Dear Toastmasters and Guests!
It may be cold and gloomy outside, but the winter cannot prevent us from improving our communication and public speaking skills – all while having fun! So save the dates for the special events which will take place in the upcoming months:
- Jazz party “Overseas Stories” will take place on February 21st. You’ll be able to participate in a speech competition with your own short overseas story, listen to jazz band “Jazz Idea” and network with fellow toastmasters. The party starts at 19:30 in pub “Anton Palych” (Tsvetnoy blvd, d.26, s.6). Further information is available in the facebook event. To participate please register here.
- Moscow Area Spring conference is scheduled for 13-14 April. The program will be announced soon, but be sure there’ll be contests, international speakers, useful workshops and loads of fun! Follow this link to see details and this link to register!
You need even more opportunities for networking, getting to know your fellow toastmasters better, learning about your subject of interest from someone with firsthand experience or finding a companion for your new adventures? Then Random Coffee Project at Toastmasters is for you. By the way, this project has been introduced by our member Anna Lioznova in our of her speeches – best example of Toastmasters benefiting both the speaker and the community!
The rules are as follows:
- You register at the link, providing your contact details and answering some questions about yourself.
- Every two weeks you receive an email with the name and contact details of another participant.
- You meet your partner within two weeks for an hour – you can have coffee (hence the name of the project), beer, take a walk – anything which allows for an uninterrupted conversation.
- You provide feedback to the organizers.
You have a chance of meeting new like-minded people, of seeing an unexpected side of people you already know or – who knows? – making friends for life!